Thursday, June 11, 2009

Window Views





This is a favorite little Mexican restaurant here in Utah called Los Hermanos "the brothers". It's actually a very old house that's been restored and built onto to make the restaurant. By the size of these rose bushes it looks like they've been there for many years. They were so pretty in the rain when my husband, his brother and I ate there yesterday for his brother's birthday. The fried ice cream was fabulous! I snapped these shots with the open sign in the window while waiting for my order to come out :) Here are some macros of the roses as well. Unfortunately the wind was blowing and the macros didn't turn out very sharp. I hate that! Pretty roses anyway I guess. Hopefully when I get a DSLR and learn how to use it my pics will improve :) See more window views here.

6 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi!
I like your windows! Those roses are beautiful! I think your macro looks good, better than mine turn out. Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great evening!

Sherrie

Carletta said...

That looks so inviting!
The roses remind me of the ones that draped over their fence in the front yard.
Macros and wind don't mesh for sure. Hey, I've deleted lots of them. :)
I do hope you find a good camera that you like.

Anonymous said...

Incredible! The whole of the building is a trellis, yes? And if I could get macro shots 1/2 that good!

Anonymous said...

Now I know what this reminded me of...one of the beach pubs in Barbados. The entire dining area was all exposed with all things flora( even the roof was vined )and a banana tree grew right up through the one corner. Alas, I don't think I've a pic :( And thanks for stopping by, Danielle :)

Inday said...

Very impressive Danielle!

Anonymous said...

Lovely windows ...
This reminds me a of place in Pasadena called Mejate's that I used to love when I lived in the Los Angles area. The food was delicious and the prices right for this starving college student ;--)
Hugs and blessings,